Anyway, the email said the offer was good for only 1 day but when I looked today at their web site (https://idrive.com) the offer still appears.
$6.95 for 5TB for a whole year is an amazing offer! But, after installing the software and trying it out, the regular price of $69.95 a year is also an amazing offer. They're really cleaned up the interface and made it quite easy to use. In addition, here are a number of the features I've found very nice:
- First, if you click on the menu Tutorials you'll find a number of short videos that show just how to get the most out of the software. It doesn't matter how good the software is if it isn't easy to use.
- The scheduling interface is very intuitive so scheduled backups are easy to configure- I've always been a big fan of "set it and forget it".
- You can use 1 license to backup every computer in your house, as long as there is sufficient space. With 5TB, this shouldn't be a problem for most people.
- The software automatically saves the previous 10 versions of your documents and makes it easy to recover different versions.
- You can also perform local backups as well as cloud backups.
- There is also an option to create an image of your entire drive- A really nice feature in case of a hard drive crash or unrecoverable file corruption.
The 90% offer is applicable for the first year only. 90% offer is valid only if you are currently using a paid competing cloud backup service. You need to provide proof of your existing paid service provider’s account. Competing services include Carbonite, Mozy, CrashPlan, Backblaze, SOS Online Backup, Dropbox and Google Backup and Sync.
Note: The special discount offer applies only to the plans listed here. Upgrading to a higher storage plan will negate the promotional pricing, and the full price of the higher plan needs to be paid.
While it says you must be subscribed to a competitor's paid account, I'm not sure that's true. One of the computers that I installed it on did NOT have any other backup software currently installed.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Their marketing worked! I've been a fan of a couple of competitor's products, I've come to the conclusion that this is a superior produce and I plan on using them for years to come.