- Visit http://faxaway.com to get started. The main page looks like this:
- Click on the link "Apply Here!". You will then be presented with a page where you can select to either complete a secure online application or print out an application and fax it to them. For this example, we'll use the secure online application.
- Next, check the two boxes for payment terms and terms of service and click on submit:
- Complete the application process by entering the appropriate information on the next page and click on submit:
- Once you submit your application, your account will be created and you will then be taken to the welcome page where you will obtain your account information including a phone number to use when receiving faxes.
- Initially, your credit card will be charged an opening balance of $10.00. Their rates are as follows:
$1.00 per month maintenance fee.
All incoming faxes are delivered to your e-mail address for free.
Outgoing faxes are transmitted at the rate (For U.S.) of $0.11 per minute. There is a one minute minimum and then transmission is billed in 6 second increments.
- To send a .pdf file as a fax, You use your e-mail program (set to plain text) and address it in this format:TO: "faxnumber"@fax2.faxaway.comSubject: FAXDOCBody: (Use your email program to insert or attach the file you want to send)
A complete copy of the user's guide with all of the various options can be found here:
Monday, May 1, 2017
As mentioned in my previous post, I'll briefly describe how to set up and use FaxAway for sending and receiving faxes via e-mail.